Another pickle recipe from my recently gifted Pick a Pickle book. These summer squash pickles are most similar to the pickled zucchini I made but call for celery salt, which is the first time I’ve used such an ingredient. VERY potent but definitely gives a nice flavor, plus you get the added goodies of bell pepper, jalapeño and onion in this pickle recipe.
You can play around with the spice from the jalapeño here – I put a whole one in the quart jar and 1/2 in each pint jar (1 seeded, 1 not). I also did both rounds and quartered chunks – the 2 small squash made perfect rounds to fill up the quart jar while I quartered the larger squash and divvied up into 2 pint jars.
Pickled Summer Squash Recipe
Makes 4 pints
tips on writing essays in college how does cialis everyday work https://medpsychmd.com/nurse/viagra-100/63/ viagra side effects blue popular literature review ghostwriting for hire ca apa dissertation literaturverzeichnis who can help me with my homework and i will pay him http://bookclubofwashington.org/books/climate-change-case-study/14/ somebody do my homework for me https://www.aestheticscienceinstitute.edu/medical/is-propecia-easy-to-get/100/ viagra test results compra de viagra en peru there legitimate generic viagra levitra hastings priligy 60mg canadian pharmacy harvard admissions essay prompt follow generic viagra india 100mg watch https://ramapoforchildren.org/youth/essay-on-identity/47/ see https://bonusfamilies.com/lecture/best-custom-essay/21/ https://sacredwaters.net/citrate/kvinder-tager-viagra/60/ cost of viagra in the pi buy cialis in singapore sample paper in harvard style https://www.texaskidneycare.com/takecare/medazole/120/ new red viagra what's maximum dosage viagra resume accountant australia essay spanish for https://heystamford.com/writing/argumentative-essay-for-sale/8/ Ingredients:
- 2 1/4 cups white vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 4 tbsp kosher salt (divided)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 2 jalapeños
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 3 pounds yellow summer squash (about 3 medium-sized squashes…or 2 small and 1 large which is what I got)
- Ice cubes
- Wash and trim the squash.
- Slice into quarters and/or rounds (see note above).
- Place cut squash into colander and set in sink.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of salt on top and cover with ice. Let sit for 1 hour to drain some water and get a crisper pickle.
- While the squash is draining, prep jalapeños, onion and bell pepper.
- After an hour, rinse squash under cool water and drain. Pack all veggies into jars.
- Combine vinegar, water, remaining 2 tbsp of salt, sugar, mustard seeds and celery salt until everything but mustard seeds are dissolved.
- Pour brine over each filled jar, making sure to ladle mustard seeds into each.
- Recommended use: These get pickled relatively quickly – enjoy in salads or as a crunchy snack with cheese and other accoutrement!