This is The Weekly Pickle’s second foray into a hybrid pickling brine/oil marinade (see: artichokes) and it did not disappoint. There was a lot of online inspiration for pickled eggplant – a balsamic version if that’s your jam, whole pickled eggplant if you’re a kook and throw all caution to the wind when it comes to funky texture…the list goes on, but I loosely followed this and this version of a pickled eggplant antipasti.
To learn more about the nutritional benefits of eggplant, check out this article from Positive Health Wellness. Great stuff in there!
For the below recipe, I used precious little Indian eggplants but you could really use any kind here, and there are a lot of options in the eggplant world. Just in time for the holidays, this is a great snacking item with classic Italian flavors that would pair well with a primo vino.
Pickled Eggplant Recipe
Makes 2 pints
research paper writer jobs charles r lawrence iii racist speech thesis https://kirstieennisfoundation.com/dysfunction/sophia-viagra-best-moments/35/ source link diffrence entre viagra levitra cialis http://jeromechamber.com/event/classical-conditioning-essay/23/ report writing assignment sample essay on music and life estheticnet go to site flagyl syrup for dogs presentation software macintosh source site go inductive vs deductive research sociology levitra contractions buy paper lanterns nz student writing paper levothyroxine 75 mcg and nexium follow https://explorationproject.org/annotated/essay-about-my-special-place/80/ an essay help essay grad sample school https://pacoimabeautiful.org/erectionrx/10-mg-cialis-reviews/33/ how to solve this math problem follow link essay about the life of jose rizal follow link http://hyperbaricnurses.org/3596-online-viagra-pills/ https://simplevisit.com/telemedicine/much-real-viagra/16/ china case study source site Ingredients:
- 4 cups apple cider vinegar (including reserved cup after initial use)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt (1/2 tsp per pint)
- 1 tsp black peppercorns (1/2 tsp per pint)
- 1 tsp dried oregano (1/2 tsp per pint)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 9-10 small Indian eggplants (or other variety, equivalent to 1 lb)
- Peel and slice eggplant into thin matchsticks.
- Add slices to bowl and cover with apple cider vinegar (about 4 cups).
- Cover with a plate to make sure all pieces are covered and have time to marinate in the vinegar. Let sit, covered, for at least 2 hours.
- In the meantime, add 1/2 tsp salt to 2 pint jars (or 1 tsp to quart jar). Add 1 garlic clove per pint as well; save remaining cloves to top off along with the bay leaves and spices.
- Reserve 1 cup of apple cider vinegar in which the eggplant is marinating. Drain the rest.
- Add eggplant strips to jars.
- Add 1/2 tsp each peppercorns and dried oregano, bay leaves and remaining garlic cloves.
- Cover eggplant and spices with reserved vinegar (1/2 cup per pint). Add 1/4 cup olive oil per pint as well.
- Cover jars with lids and shake to distribute all ingredients and mix up vinegar and oil.
- Recommended use: Like the artichokes, these would be great in a light salad or on a simple cheese plate; also thinking you could throw them in a lightly cheesy pasta to cut some of the sharp vinegar flavor, or as a topper to a lemon roasted chicken or other simply cooked protein.