This is The Weekly Pickle’s second foray into a hybrid pickling brine/oil marinade (see: artichokes) and it did not disappoint. There was a lot of online inspiration for pickled eggplant – a balsamic version if that’s your jam, whole pickled eggplant if you’re a kook and throw all caution to the wind when it comes to funky texture…the list goes on, but I loosely followed this and this version of a pickled eggplant antipasti.
To learn more about the nutritional benefits of eggplant, check out this article from Positive Health Wellness. Great stuff in there!
For the below recipe, I used precious little Indian eggplants but you could really use any kind here, and there are a lot of options in the eggplant world. Just in time for the holidays, this is a great snacking item with classic Italian flavors that would pair well with a primo vino.
Pickled Eggplant Recipe
Makes 2 pints
https://raseproject.org/treat/ce-se-intampla-daca-o-fata-ia-viagra/97/ how to get free viagra online costo cialis 10 sales coordinator hotel resume https://www.aestheticscienceinstitute.edu/medical/quel-site-achat-cialis/100/ here custom assignment ghostwriting website for college follow url go to site http://ww2.prescribewellness.com/onlinerx/synthroid-without-prescitoipn/30/ https://sigma-instruments.com/viagra-vs-cialis-qual-o-melhor-7832/ cialis bartow how to write an outline for a research paper template viagra online american pharmacy essays on the shock doctrine essay structure quiz how to write essay plan top speech proofreading websites https://www.cei.utah.edu/wp-content/blogs.dir/15/files/2013/?speech=why-we-buy-book-review go site how to write a report on research findings thesis binding reading watch https://www.go-gba.org/13752-essay-abortion/ cheap research paper writer viagra ola get free viagra samples online stronger erection with viagra my favorite place essay source site follow link click here Ingredients:
- 4 cups apple cider vinegar (including reserved cup after initial use)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt (1/2 tsp per pint)
- 1 tsp black peppercorns (1/2 tsp per pint)
- 1 tsp dried oregano (1/2 tsp per pint)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 9-10 small Indian eggplants (or other variety, equivalent to 1 lb)
- Peel and slice eggplant into thin matchsticks.
- Add slices to bowl and cover with apple cider vinegar (about 4 cups).
- Cover with a plate to make sure all pieces are covered and have time to marinate in the vinegar. Let sit, covered, for at least 2 hours.
- In the meantime, add 1/2 tsp salt to 2 pint jars (or 1 tsp to quart jar). Add 1 garlic clove per pint as well; save remaining cloves to top off along with the bay leaves and spices.
- Reserve 1 cup of apple cider vinegar in which the eggplant is marinating. Drain the rest.
- Add eggplant strips to jars.
- Add 1/2 tsp each peppercorns and dried oregano, bay leaves and remaining garlic cloves.
- Cover eggplant and spices with reserved vinegar (1/2 cup per pint). Add 1/4 cup olive oil per pint as well.
- Cover jars with lids and shake to distribute all ingredients and mix up vinegar and oil.
- Recommended use: Like the artichokes, these would be great in a light salad or on a simple cheese plate; also thinking you could throw them in a lightly cheesy pasta to cut some of the sharp vinegar flavor, or as a topper to a lemon roasted chicken or other simply cooked protein.